Sales and Distribution (SD) is one of the core and most-used modules of SAP R/3 products beside Financial (FI), Controlling (CO), Material Management (MM) and Production Planning (PP) modules.
The main areas covered by SD module are:
• Pre-sales activities, including Inquiry and Quotation creation.
• Sales Order processing, including Sales Order (SO) creation.
• Shipping, including Outbound Delivery document creation.
• Billing, including Billing document and invoice creation.
• It is one module which has linkages with all the other modules including FI, CO, MM, and PP.
The SD module consists of various components. Some of the basic components of the SD (Sales and Distribution) module have been listed below:
o Master data
o Basic functions subdivided into multiple components, such as pricing, output, and so on and so forth.
o Foreign trade
o Sales support
o Electronic data interchange
o Sales and Logistics Information systems