At the core of the SAS System is Base SAS software which is the software product that you will learn to use in this documentation. This section presents an overview of Base SAS. It introduces the capabilities of Base SAS, addresses methods of running SAS, and outlines various types of output.
SAS is an integrated system of software solutions that enables you to perform the following tasks:
- data entry, retrieval, and management
- report writing and graphics design
- statistical and mathematical analysis
- business forecasting and decision support
- operations research and project management
- applications development
How you use SAS depends on what you want to accomplish. Some people use many of the capabilities of the SAS System, and others use only a few.